Worm conveyors / worm feeders are used to dose or transport bulk materials such as: biomass, coal, gravel, slag, sand, gypsum, coal dust, ash, alternative fuels and materials with high temperature.
Worm conveyor / worm feeder by ELEWATOR S.A. design is constructed in accordance with customer’s requirements and consists of the following parts:
- plug screw,
- chute with bearing units,
Plug screw is a main element of conveyor / feeder and can be made of different diameter leafs and scale matched to the type of material being transported and the required performance. In worm conveyors / worm feeders used to transport material with high abrasion factor, the surface of worms are additionally filled with materials with high resistance to abrasion.
In worm conveyor / worm feeder the chute with bearing units are made as closed pipe-shaped or U-shaped structures. A chute may be closed or open with inserted inlet and discharges adapted to customer’s needs.
We have complete sets of spare parts for our conveyors / feeders.
Technical characteristics of worm conveyors / worm feeders:
• worm diameter: Ømax = 1000 mm
• performance: Qmax = 213 m3/h
• length: Lmax = 40m
• worm-diameter: Ømax = 630 mm
• performance: Qmax = 45 m3/h
• length: Lmax = 20m
• operating angle: αmax = 45 degrees
Technical solutions in worm conveyors / worm feeders:
- made of carbon, acid and wear resistant steel
- gearmotor drive with frequency converter
- safety devices on both mechanical and electrical side
- equipped with sensors:
- rotation loss sensor,
- overflow of feet and discharge sensor,
- material pile-up
- long versions with intermediate bearings
- rustproofing adjusted to operational environment
- water jacket (cooling transported material)