Slag hopper is a part of deslagging system between outlet of boiler combustion chamber hopper and a chain slag.
The structure of slag hopper includes:
- external casing from unalloyed steel forming the structure consisting of a coat and bar elements
- thermal insulation of mats made of ceramic fiber, anchored by pins into external casing of slag hopper
- mechanical cover for thermal insulation made of heat resistant or high-temperature strength plates, freely suspended on hangers, mounted in external casing
- water seal between the slag hopper and deslagger made of corrosion resistant steel, suspended to bottom frame of slag hopper
- steel support construction to hang the slag hopper in boiler combustion chamber hopper
ELEWATOR S.A. develops slag hoppers adjusted to operating conditions and Clients’ requirements.